Verbal, nonverbal, and environmental slights, snubs, or insults, sometimes can be intentional or unintentional, which communicate hostile, derogatory, or negative messages to target or attack people based solely upon their marginalized group membership (i.e. Black people, woman, gay people, and minority group in America).
- Examples of Microaggressions
- “You talk so good for a Black boy.”
- “Where are you really from?”
- *White woman clinches purse as she walks by group of Hispanics*
- “Your English is soooo good.”
Microaggressions Video/Website Links
- https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/microaggressions-in-everyday-life/201010/racial-microaggressions-in-everyday-life (Dr. Sue)